Friday, April 11, 2008

Halfway home

We are halfway through our training for the Fit For Life competition. It's clear all three of us here at The Times can see progress, as I'm sure the other contestants can.
Thanks to the wonderful folks at Schumpert, I just spent my first day kicking my own butt. For the remainder of the competition, on the days Supermann doesn't get me, I will spend my time at Schumpert's Wellness Center. It's a great place with everything you need.
Next week is a big week with Supermann. With my abdominal injury healing, the bench press has been the recent focus. I came within a sliver of 200 last week and was incredibly disappointing I didn't get it. Mind you, 200 isn't exactly powerlifting, but considering where I was a month ago, it's a nice round number to signify progress.
Tuesday is going to be the day 200 goes down. Then it's off to the next number. Supermann has some crazy idea of me doing 275 in the near future. Umm, doubt it.
This has definitely been a great experience so far. The commeraderie of Val and Nishia has been a huge help. And of course Supermann is the man!
We're coming down the stretch and making big progress. Hopefully we'll give the TV folks a run for their money. They had a HUGE head start, but hey, that is definitely to their credit.

No comments: