Thursday, March 13, 2008

First setback

First let me say that I'm not even testing myself in terms of weights or push-ups or sit-ups yet. What I'm doing is embarrassingly miniscule. However, after my sit-ups and on my FINAL push-up of the day, I strained a muscle in my abdomen. Who the heck knew push-ups worked your abs.
Supermann has ordered me off the stomach work for at least a few days to see how bad the problem is.
On a good note, I'm nearly the end of Day 5 of the 7-day Detox and things are going very well there. There's been significant weight loss. Now I just have to get my strength back. I mean, seriously, this sucks.
It's been 4 years since I did much of anything, but dang.
Oh well. This is the part of the competition that will test your mettle I'm sure. I'm ready to get off the Detox and eat some real food. Not that I can dive into pizza and Canes, but at this point fish, even grilled, seems like heaven.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Roy, sorry about your setback. Congrats on your progress. This is a whole lot tougher than I expected it to be. My challenge is building strength. See you on May 10th!