Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm 50% detoxed

It's Wednesday afternoon, exactly halfway through the "detox." It's sounds a lot worse than it's been. The only complaint: Hunger.
I do pretty well during the day's 5 "meals." It's only tough beginning at about 8 p.m. every night.
However ... the weight is disappearing ... and I haven't done a whole bunch of working out -- my body is still getting reaccllimated to the torture and is coming around.
So .. i can only imagine what the combination of healthy eating and an increased workload will do. I'm excited about the possibilities.
I said I'd post what the detox entailed, so here we go (as I dive into my "large" salad). With my times to adjust to my schedule.

The hey during the detox is the 12-pill lot I take three times a day. The pills contain 4200 mg of fiber along with a bunch or goodies -- i have no idea what their purpose is, but they work. I usually take the pills with about 16 ounces of distilled water.

BREAKFAST (9 a.m.): One bowl of Cream of Wheat (honey added for flavor) and 8 ounces of distilled water (it tastes no different). Can also substitute bowl of oatmeal here.

MID-MORNING SNACK (11 a.m.): Pear, banana or apple. More water.

LUNCH (1 p.m.): "Large" salad w/ tomatoes and 8 ounces distilled water. Can substitute 1 1/2 cups of steamed vegetables for the salad.

MID-AFTERNOON SNACK (3 p.m.): Pear, banana or apple. More water.

DINNER (6:30 p.m.): Regular salad w/ tomatoes and a single piece of wheat bread and 8 ounces of distilled water. Can substitute 1 cup of steamed vegetables for the salad.

And that's it. Considering I'm a night owl ... it's easy to see how I could get hungry at night.

It's only been one week since the weigh-in, but the results, for me, have been stunning.

No comments: