Thursday, March 13, 2008

I can (almost) do a pushup

Today me and Nishia came close to doing honest-to-goodness, no cheating regular push-ups. Not the girly kind where we use our knees, but the real deal. Laugh if you must, but this is an accomplishment for us, seeing as how last week we both fell flat on our faces when we tried. We've come a long way, and I'm beginning to see just how long two months really is. We'll get where we need to be soon enough.

The New York Times has an interesting article about push-ups. It states, "The push-up is the ultimate barometer of fitness. It tests the whole body, engaging muscle groups in the arms, chest, abdomen, hips and legs. It requires the body to be taut like a plank with toes and palms on the floor. The act of lifting and lowering one’s entire weight is taxing even for the very fit."

So there you go.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Val, I feel your pain. Who does Supermann think we are, Demi Moore in "G.I. Jane"?

WRyker said...

It was good to see you and Ms. Livingston out pounding the pavement today. I’ve not seen determination like that since the Marines stormed the beaches at Iwo Jima. I kept waiting to hear a battle cry. I guess you were saving it for the finish. However, you both looked like you had a good pace going. Keep up the work.
Also, pain is just an indicator you’re still alive.